Thursday, December 1, 2016

Semi-formals 101 ft. Arcoiris

Here is a quick blog post showcasing a semi-formal look with Arcoiris.
As they say, Arcoiris is inspired by riot of colours that make up the different shades of your life. They present an eclectic mix of lifestyle product ideal for urban youth. 
Through this post I'm giving out ideas how to dress for a semi-formal event and how I chose to dress up semi-formally.

Semi-formal is a dress code usually for events or parties that are in between formal and informal. Dressing for a semi-formal event can either be a blast or completely confusing. This sounds difficult but for women choosing how to dress semi-formal is more easy than you think. Just dress almost the same as you would dress to an event with a pair of good fitted pants or a cocktail dress code and you’re always safe and elegant!

Once you know your options, the most important elements to creating your best semi-formal outfit are dressing for your body, the occasion and the season.

I paired this Lavender crop top from Arcoiris with an ankle-length cuffed trouser in a dark colour and pointed-toe pumps, which are my absolute favourite pick this season. 
Simple, minimal and elegant!


I love how this crop top has shoulder cut-outs making it more stylish than the usual.
Always dress for your body, choosing pieces that balance proportions on your particular figure will fit and flatter from every angle. Me being petite, I prefer to stick to fitted clothes as I think they suit my body type. I only wear loose fits when I dive to the bottom of street style. I felt this Lavender crop top really suited me and I absolutely loved the colour palette.


Occasions like corporate events and parties often have a semi-formal dress code. Whether you wear a dress or co-ordinates, a clutch handbag and pointed-toe shoes add polish to your look. If you are attending a semi-formal daytime event, choose lighter colours as I'm wearing here and keep jewellery minimal, I prefer a boyfriend watch when it comes to accessorising. You can still wear those dark coloured pants, just pair them with a pair of matching pumps to lighten your look. Wear straight-leg pants and heels to create a long, lean leg line. In lieu of high heels, statement jewellery and a classy bag dress up your look.


Semi-formal look is the type of look which has enough room to experiment things so don't worry much. Just dress according to the occasion and season.
I ditched the blazer as I wanted to emphasise more on a look which is appropriate for a day time event but don't ditch your blazers if you want to dress semi-formal to more official and formal events.



I hope you liked this post. Another post with Arcoiris will be up in a few days so stay tuned and I'll see you again supersoon! xo.

INSTAGRAM:
Arcoiris: @arcoirislife

No comments:

Post a Comment